Polypane is a browser built specifically for developers
Polypane was founded in March 2019 by indie developer Kilian Valkhof. Polypane is bootstrapped and profitable.
Key Growth strategies
- Great email onboarding process
- Kilian's personal Twitter brand
- Great case studies
Interview with Kilian Valkhof, Founder of Polypane
"I did everything wrong in email marketing but now it works"
Deep dive on Polypane's email onboarding
- The marketing expert's strategies didn't work
- Two types of emails during the trial: 1. status updates (e.g. you're halfway through) 2. information gathering
- Ask them why they don't convert after the trial (frequently they just didn't get time to try it)
- I purposely don't design the emails well. They are simple.
- Email responses go directly to Kilian
- New cadence is an order of magnitude better than initial state
Cadence of email onboarding:
- One day after: How to get the best out of your Polypane trial (getting started tutorial & video)
- A few days in: Quick question - let me know what you like/don't like
- Halfway - email with customer testimonial. Good testimonials e.g. what takes 30 mins in Chrome takes 6 mins in Polypane.
- 3 days before - reminder it's almost over and option to extend it
- 24 hours left - link them to an ROI calculator to justify Polypane or realise they can ask their employer
- Trial ended - another email trial ended, here's a link to subscribe
- 2 weeks out - if anything missing let me know
- 3 weeks out - here's what we've done since you've been gone
Something you'd change on this page? Please make a PR/issue